Everyone wants to look good, and cosmetic procedures are all the rage today. Anti-wrinkle injections, weight loss procedures and facial & skin lasers are popular treatments. Although these procedures are usually safe, there are risks, and complications can occur. The good news is that there are ways to put your safety first when considering services at an aesthetic medical clinic.
GENERAL PATIENT SAFETY
You should always do your own due diligence before selecting an aesthetic medical clinic. Become your own detective and look into the background of the clinic.
Don’t think about price first. Avoid bargain prices for any cosmetic procedure. That old saying, “You get what you pay for” rings true here. Don’t let marketing gimmicks lure you in, and always trust your own instincts. If it doesn’t feel right, find another clinic. Keep in mind that even a non-surgical treatment is still medical. You want the best outcome no matter what the cosmetic treatment is. Always be honest with medical professionals, including your doctor or dermal therapist. It’s also important to follow all after-care instructions. You need to be involved in your own care.
CERTIFICATIONS AND SKILL
The expansion of clinics offering non-doctor based cosmetic services is overwhelming. Some of these clinics even have no medically trained staff on site. These types of facilities have become so numerous because laws in the regulation of aesthetic medicine are very vague. Those without medical training can purchase and use lasers to perform cosmetic treatments. As a result, people get injured. The most important component about any aesthetic procedure is the person performing it.
For non-surgical fat removal, there is the Coolsculpting Procedure, also known as cryolipolysis (fat-freezing). Controlled cooling is used to freezes fat cells away. It’s ideal for stubborn fat that still lingers with diet and exercise.
Here are some tips for choosing the right Coolsculpting clinic:
- Select a preferred and certified practice by visiting the Coolsculpting provider site. This will ensure that the provider has the right training and has treated a significant number of patients.
- Go to a clinic that has qualified treatment supervisors. These are the professionals who will supervise treatments and ensure safety.
- With an experienced provider, you can feel confident knowing that staff members possess a high level of training. This way, you can end those first-time jitters.
- Choose a clinic that has a variety of applications for different treatment areas. You just may want to freeze fat in multiple spots, such as the chin, arms and stomach.
- Choose a clinic that has positive reviews. There’s no better vote of confidence than past patients. Check out reviews of the aesthetic medical clinic on Google, Yelp and even Facebook. This way, you’ll see what others have to say before you schedule. Better to have first-hand feedback instead of what you read on websites.
- When compared to liposuction, the risks of a Coolsculpting treatment are certainly much lower. The risks of liposuction include bad bruising, blood clots, infections, contour irregularities, internal organ punctures and even death.
Anti-wrinkle injections relax facial muscles and gradually smooth out wrinkles for a more youthful look, but, you need to be aware that there can be risks. An injection by a clinician or doctor who lacks training and experience might use too much filler, the wrong injecting strategy or the wrong type of injectable. Be sure to choose one who is highly experienced and well informed. This way, you’ll come out looking like your best, not frozen in time.
Laser treatments, like Laser Genesis, are popular for improving skin texture, wrinkles, and other signs of ageing. There are many benefits with Laser Genesis treatments: It can reduce facial scarring, reduce the appearance of fine lines, stimulate new collagen production and give the facial skin an overall healthy look. It’s safe and gets the job done. For safety, choose a facility with high-quality laser equipment that has a track record of outstanding clinical results. Ensure that the laser treatment will be performed by a trained medical aesthetician.
Researchers in a published article in Health Day News, stated that minimally invasive cosmetic procedures are nearly risk-free. The study revealed that complication rates for fillers were 0.52 percent. Minor complications like swelling or bruising occur in less than 1 percent of patients. Today, non-surgical treatments are popular because of their great results, cost and safety. All around, the best way to put your safety first at aesthetic medical clinics is to choose one either operated or supervised by a physician, make sure that all of the staff is properly trained and supervised. Don’t think automatically that non-invasive equals safety, because it doesn’t. Things can go wrong with any medical procedure, whether it’s non-invasive or invasive. Always choose wisely.
At Evolve Advanced Cosmetic Medicine your safety is our highest priority, so a full medical history will be taken prior to any treatment. Our highly trained staff includes an onsite medical doctor, nurse, and a university trained dermal therapist. To learn more about our procedures and services, call +61 3 8580 7014 or contact us.